Follow Allison Pataki Online
- Just taking a moment. And I might never leave because: 1. It’s really cold here 2. Cheese as far as the eye can s… https://t.co/Ct2Sks2rpc 6 days ago
- “Awaken your spirit to adventure, Hold nothing back; Learn to find ease in risk, Soon you will be home in a new rhy… https://t.co/0YX0xFwCbg 1 week ago
- Thank you so much! https://t.co/9C4qWsd4s3 2 weeks ago
- It’s August? The #dogdays of #summer. I had thought the nickname had something to do with the heat. Or perhaps hotd… https://t.co/teMCrjin4z 2 weeks ago
- @whitneynbd Thank you so much for reading & for reaching out. 🙏 2 weeks ago
Beauty in the Broken Places: A Memoir of Love, Faith, and Resilience
This is a manifesto for living, an uplifting story about the transformative power of faith, the process of healing, and the struggle of loving through pain and finding joy in the broken places.
Excerpt from Read It Forward My friends and family members have always teased me for having “the memory of an elephant.” We’ll be talking about a specific day or moment, and I’ll come out with some random detail like, “Oh, yeah! That was the day you were wearing your new purple shirt” or “Remember we were […]
While on a flight, Dave Levy turned to his wife, Allison Pataki, and asked if his eye looked strange. It did — and it turned out he was having a stroke at age 30. During an extended recovery at the hospital where he struggled with memory retention, Pataki began writing letters to him. Those letters […]
The Best Books to Read This May, as originally published in Town & Country: Four standout new releases of the month—and one old favorite to revisit. This month, dive into an unexpected literary novel, enjoy a heartbreaking memoir, pour over a book as lovely as any garden, and revisit a classic heading for the silver screen. […]
It was pretty exciting to see ‘Beauty in the Broken Places‘ named a People Picks title by the latest issue of People Magazine: AND an ‘Us-Must’ read by Us Weekly Magazine: What are you reading this week?