Follow Allison Pataki Online
- RT @MrsShafer5 : “...the fragile, imperfect, precious story we are writing day in, day out, is the most important one, and that we can choos… 6 hours ago
- RT @SimonKIDS : In #NellyTakesNewYork, Nelly and her dog Bagel explore NYC to find all the hidden gems the city has to offer! 🏙🗽🚕 This pictu… 3 days ago
- RT @TDrecker : Discover New York... today's review: Nelly Takes New York @AllisonPataki and Marya Myers @KristiValiant @SimonKids #kidlit #… 3 days ago
- Holy color-coded bookshelves / home office envy! Thanks so much to @zibbyowens for having us on the… https://t.co/lr0tikoG0d 3 days ago
- @chays77 @rosannascotto @loristokes @fox5ny So beautiful! And the book cover looks good too 🙂 4 days ago
Beauty in the Broken Places: A Memoir of Love, Faith, and ResilienceThis is a manifesto for living, an uplifting story about the transformative power of faith, the process of healing, and the struggle of loving through pain and finding joy in the broken places.
Picture Perfect Federation, the company recently launched by Patrick Wachsberger’s Picture Perfect Entertainment, has teamed with Pascal Breton’s Federation Entertainment to acquire The Accidental Empress and Sisi: Empress on Her Own — to be developed as a series on the life of Empress Elisabeth of Austria. This will be the first international television series about […]
Dave, my husband, was working crazy 18-hour days. I hardly saw him. But there was no reason to expect otherwise. He was a doctor in his third year of residency in orthopedic surgery at Rush University in Chicago. He had to work hard. He’d always worked hard. That’s who he was. Type A all the […]
What’s next? The book is outta the bag thanks to this morning’s announcement on Publisher’s Lunch! I have been so excited to share this news, and now I can’t wait to share my next book, this one on Desiree Clary. I’ll hit the ground on edits right after the New Year and I could not […]
I have some very exciting news on the next project! Check out the cover copy and some of the stunning artwork for “Nelly Takes New York,” which comes out this May! This is my first foray into children’s books and so it was an incredible experience to write this one with fellow kid-lit lover, long […]
Books Currently Available for Sale
Nelly Takes New York
A Little Girl’s Adventures in the Big Apple
Written by Allison Pataki & Marya Myers
Illustrated by Kristi Valiant
ABOUT THE BOOK
The Big Apple may be hiding in the place you least expect it in this spunky introduction to the best parts of New York.
Nelly lives in New York, the greatest city in the world.
Every morning, she wakes up to the rumble of the subways and the honking of cars.
Every morning, she can smell the food cart downstairs and hear the rat-a-tat-tat of the street musicians outside.
Every morning, she goes outside to be in the city she knows like the back of her hand—or does she?